Personal Injury & ICBC Claims
Hiring the right lawyer can make the difference in getting you the compensation you deserve.
GBC Law lawyer Robert Carter helps clients who have been injured, whether that is due to a motor vehicle accident or some other unfortunate event such as a slip and fall.
Email us or call 604.437.0461 for a FREE consultation
We understand that being injured has an impact on your home life, your work situation, your relationships and your general enjoyment of life. We treat all clients with compassion and understanding.
Our process is simple: We meet with you to discuss your case, explain the claims process, and determine who is at fault and what compensation you may be entitled to.
Because traveling or driving after an accident is often uncomfortable, we do offer to make home visits during times that are convenient for you.
Here are some tips if you’ve been injured:
- If you were in a motor vehicle accident, be sure to get the other driver’s insurance and license information.
- Get the names and contact information of any witnesses.
- DO NOT talk to the other party about whether you have been injured – injuries may take days to fully manifest.
- Depending on the severity of the crash, you may need to call the police for help.
- Seek medical attention immediately and be sure to follow up with your doctor about any ongoing symptoms you might have.
- Make sure you keep ALL receipts for your medical expenses, including expenses related to attending treatment (such as cab fare or mileage).
- If you are dealing with ICBC, be sure to see us BEFORE you give a statement.
- If you have already met with ICBC and are talking about settlements, a lawyer can still help.
- If it has been some time since your accident, be aware that you have just 2 years from the date of the accident to sue.
If you’re hurt please email us or call 604.437.0461